1. The Word of God
We believe the Holy Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired, preserved Word of God. We believe the Authorized Version, translated from the Hebrew Masoretic and the Textus Receptus texts, is the most faithful, accurate translation of God's Word for English speaking peoples. Therefore, we seek to translate Scriptures for unreached peoples from the same sources and with the same faithfulness and accuracy. (2 Timothy 3:16-17, 2 Peter 1:21, Proverbs 30:5-6, John 17:17, Revelation 22:18-19)
2. The True God
We believe in one true God whose name is Jehovah, eternally existent in three persons:
- God the Father - Creator and Supreme Ruler of Heaven and earth, perfect in holiness, worthy of all possible honor and rich in saving grace to all those who come to him through Jesus Christ. (Genesis 1:1, Leviticus 11:44, Ephesians 2:4, Colossians 1:17, Revelation 4:11)
- God the Son – the only begotten Son of God, virgin born, absolute deity (Isaiah 7:14, 9:6-7, Matthew 1:18-25, Colossians 2:9, John 1:1-4); atonement for sin only by his shed blood at Calvary (Romans 3:24-25, Ephesians 1:7, 1 Peter 2:24) , bodily resurrection, ascension into Heaven, seated at the right hand of the Father as our High Priest, Intercessor, Advocate and only Mediator (Acts 1:9-11, Hebrews 4:14-15, 7:25, 9:24), literal, personal return to rapture the saints prior to the tribulation, judge the nations and set up his millennial kingdom on earth (Acts 1:9-11, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, Matthew 25:21-46, Revelation 19:11-21).
- God the Holy Spirit - a person who convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgment; the Supernatural Agent in regeneration, baptizing all believers into the body of Christ, indwelling them and sealing them unto the day of redemption(John 16:8-11, Romans 8:9, I Corinthians 12:12-14, II Corinthians 3:6, Ephesians 1:13-14); the Divine Teacher who assists the believers in understanding and appropriating the Scriptures (John 16:12, Ephesians 1:17-18, 5:18, I John 2:20, 27); the Sovereign giver of gifts to every believer for the work of the ministry (Romans 12:3-8, I Corinthians 12:4-11, 28, Ephesians 4:7-12).
3. The Fall of Man
We believe that man was created in innocence and in the image of God; that by the voluntary transgression of Adam the human race fell, inherited a sin nature and became alienated from God. Man is by nature utterly void of the holiness required by God, positively inclined to evil, and therefore under just condemnation to eternal ruin, without excuse, and of himself is unable to remedy his lost situation. (Genesis 1:26-27, 2:16-17, 3:6-24, Isaiah 53:6, Ezekial 18:18-20, Romans 1:18-20, 2:1-16, 3:9-18, 5:12, 6:23 Galatians 3:22, Ephesians 2:3, 4:17-19)
4. The Way of Salvation
We believe that the salvation of sinners is wholly of grace through the shed blood of Jesus Christ.
- Regeneration – that sinners must be born again, created in Christ Jesus in an instantaneous act which is the miraculous result of repentance toward God and faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Mark 1:15, John 3:3-8, Acts 2:37-38, 3:19, 5:31, 11:18, 16:30-33, Romans 6:23, 10:9-10, Ephesians 2:8, II Corinthians 5:17-21, Colossians 2:13, I John 5:1)
- Justification -- an act which includes the pardon of sin and the promise of eternal life that is bestowed to us, not in consideration of works of righteousness which we have done, but solely through faith in Jesus Christ (Isaiah 53:11-12, Matthew 9:6, John 1:16, Acts 10:43, 13:39, Romans 4:25, 5:1-2, 11, I Corinthians 1:30-31, I Timothy 4:8)
- Sanctification -- the process by which we are made partakers of his Holiness; a progressive work begun at regeneration, consummated at glorification, and presently being carried on in the hearts of believers by the presence and power of the Holy Spirit. (Hebrews 10:10, I Thessalonians 4:3, 5:23, I Corinthians 1:30, 6:11, II Corinthians 3:18, 7:1, Ephesians 1:4, 4:15, John 17:17, Philippians, 1:9-11, 2:12-13, 3:12-16,21, Romans 1:17, Proverbs 4:18, 1 Peter 2:2, 2 Peter 1:5-8, 3:18, Hebrews 6:1, Colossians 3:4, Romans 7:18-25)
- Security -- that the redeemed, once saved are kept by God’s power and are secure in Christ forever. (John 6:37-40, 10:27-30, Romans 8:1, 38-39, I Peter 1:5)
5. The Local Church
- That the local church is a body of born-again, baptized believers associated together by a covenant of faith and fellowship in the gospel, observing the two ordinances of water baptism and the Lord’s Supper, led by the two offices of pastor and deacon as defined in Scripture (Matthew 18:15-20, 28:19-20, John 14:15, 15:10, Acts 2:41-42, 47, 5:11, 8:1, I Corinthians 11:2, 23:26, Hebrews 10:25, Acts 13:1-4, 15:19-31, 20:28, I Corinthians 3:9,16, 5:4-7, I Peter 5:1-4, I Timothy 3, Titus 1).
- That the establishment and perpetuity of local churches is clearly taught and defined in Scripture; that its true mission is the Great Commission and the edifying of the saints. (Matthew 16:18-19, 28:20, Acts 20:28-32, Ephesians 4:1-13,16)
- That the true work of missions is the establishing of local churches which become self-governing, self-supporting and self-propagating.
6. The Great Commission
We believe the command to spread the gospel to the entire world is clear and unmistakable; that this commission is to be the supreme priority of both the church and the individual. (Matthew 28:18-20, Mark 16:15, Luke 24:46-48, John 20:21, Acts 1:8, Romans 10:13-15)